Anxiety, worry, fear, loneliness . . .
The enemy is on the move wreaking havoc on our minds during the Coronavirus pandemic. And while we may feel helpless against his attacks, the Bible tells us that “we are more than conquerors through him who loved us” (Romans 8:37).
Are you struggling with anxious thoughts today? Would you like to be more than a conqueror over your worries?
Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. If God is near you, than so is his power, peace, and strength to overcome! Hallelujah! In the same way a child draws near to his mom or dad to feel safe and find comfort when he is afraid, we too can approach our Heavenly Father with confidence and find help in times of need. God ALWAYS with us, fighting for us, offering his protection and peace during uncertain times. He is a good, good, Father!
Over the years, as I’ve gone through various seasons of anxiety, I’ve learned that one of the best ways to resist anxious thoughts is to draw near to my heavenly papa through his Word. The verses you’re about to read are not just words on a page. They’re God’s very words. Hebrews 4:12 tells us that God’s Word is alive and powerful and sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword! That means they can help you resist the enemy and have power over your anxious thoughts. You can read them, sing them, journal and color them, pray them . . .
Whatever way you choose to declare them, the most important is to believe them, and then trust God to fight your battle with anxiety, and win!
Always remember, God is greater than your greatest fears!
May peace of God fill your heart and mind with indescribably peace as you meditate on these verses. I’ve offered 12 of my favorite verses on anxiety. I’d like to encourage you to read them slowly—Meditate on each one as if you are tasting a rich delicacy and wanting to savor it for all it’s worth. You may even want to look up the verses in your Bible and read the entire passage or chapter. Try also copying them on index cards and posting them around your house. Do whatever it takes to get God’s Word into your heart so that when the enemy attacks, you will have God’s Word available at a moments notice to resist him and overcome. There are countless other verses relating to worry and anxiety in the Bible. I’d encourage you to memorize as many as you can and hide them in your heart.
12 Calming Bible Verses for Anxious Hearts
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear. (1 John 4:18)
- So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:34)
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
- When you lie down, you will not be afraid, when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24)
- When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. (Psalm 56:3)
- Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)
- Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. (Psalm 91:1,5,11)
- Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. (Peter 5:7)
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
For more comforting thoughts from God’s Word check out my new devotional, “Pawz & Pray: Finding Joy in the Journey …” It is meant to help you find true comfort in a chaotic world!
Recommended reading: A Prayer for Uncertain Times
Check out my latest book, Pawz & Pray: Finding Joy in the Journey with God, Family, and Furry Friends!
Order your copy today! Thanks for stopping by! Leila Grandemange
About the Book
Pawz & Pray: Finding Joy in the Journey with God, Family, and Furry Friends! 130 Uplifting Stories and Devotions for Dog Lovers!
Unleash a richer, simpler, more meaningful life!
Pawz & Pray is a collection of heartwarming stories, scriptures, and prayers, inviting you to draw close to God and discover the secrets to a truly meaningful life. If you’d like to extract more joy out of life, and happen to have a sweet spot for dogs, this book is for you! [Learn more about the book]
All content © Leila Grandemange, LeilaGrandemange.com. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Short Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Leila Grandemange and LeilaGrandemange.com with appropriate and specific direction/Link Back to the original content. See Guidelines for Republishing.