“Oh how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!” —Psalm 133:1
UNITY is a lovely word . . . but it remains a concept in the clouds unless it’s lived out thoughtfully and purposefully in our daily lives. Great men and women throughout history (flawed as they may be, and as we all are) have known that, and challenge us to live in unity. Let’s rise to the challenge. By God’s grace, I know it’s possible. Here are 12 quotes on unity to encourage us.
12 Encouraging Quotes on Unity . . .
1. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
2.”When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice. The Bible tells us, ‘How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity.” ~ Donald Trump
3.”The American story has never been about things coming easy. It has been about rising to the moment when the moment is hard. About rejecting panicked division for purposeful unity. About seeing a mountaintop from the deepest valley. That is why we remember that some of the most famous words ever spoken by an American came from a president who took office in a time of turmoil: “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” ~Barak Obama
4.”Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
5. “Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” ~Coretta Scott King
6. “The human person is a unique composite – a unity of spirit and matter, soul and body, fashioned in the image of God and destined to live forever. Every human life is sacred, because every human person is sacred.” ~ Pope John Paul II
7. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~ Mother Teresa
From the Bible . . .
8. “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” ~ Jesus (John 13:34-35)
9.”Oh how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!” —Psalm 133:1
10.”Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.” ~ 1 Peter 3:8
11. “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” ~ Colossians 3:13-14
12. “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” ~ 1 Corinthians 13:13
Recommended reading: Hate Has No Home in My Heart
Hope be with you!
Exciting New Book Release Coming in 2018— Love’s Gentle Nudge: Find Hope, Healing, and Happiness, by Leila Grandemange.
Check out a book that celebrates the unique bond between God, dogs, and the humans they love!
Nominated for excellence in books by the Dog Writers Association of America.
All content © Leila Grandemange, LeilaGrandemange.com. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Short Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Leila Grandemange and LeilaGrandemange.com with appropriate and specific direction/Link Back to the original content.