“When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.” ~ Psalm 56:3
What do you do when you’re afraid?
When I was a young child, I used to call mom or dad if I was ever afraid. A simple hug and reassuring word would calm my fears.
I trusted my parents when they told me—” All is well”, and I could sleep peacefully.
As children of God, we also have a Father to call upon. Just one word from Him, and all those ugly monsters that torment the soul must flee. No fear is greater than God!
And when He says—“All is well, my beloved child,” we can trust Him.
The first step to overcoming fear is TRUST—trust in His character, trust in His love for you, and trust in His Word.
Here are ten declarations to help you overcome your fears, and ten verse to go with them:
- When I am afraid, I will trust in You—”When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.” ~ Psalm 56:3
- I Will Fear No Evil because I know You are with me—”Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” ~Psalm 23:4
- I will stand firm and trust that deliverance is on its way!—”Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.” ~Exodus 14:13
- I believe that You are helping me—”For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” ~Isaiah 41:13
- I will be strong and courageous because I know You are with me God—”Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. ~Deuteronomy 31:6
- I do not have a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind!—”For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and discipline.” ~2 Timothy 1:7
- The Lord is my light and my salvation!—”The Lord is my light and my salvation–whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life–of whom shall I be afraid?” ~Psalm 27:1
- The peace of God fills me heart, even now!—”Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” ~John 14:27
- I have confidence that You are helping me to overcome the fear of man —”So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can Man do to me?” ~Hebrews 13:6
- I trust that You will guard my heart and mind from fear, as I present my worries to You with thanksgiving.—“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~Philippians 4:6-7
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him! (Romans 15:13). Amen
Subscribe to my blog for more encouraging words!
All content © Leila Grandemange, LeilaGrandemange.com. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Short Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Leila Grandemange and LeilaGrandemange.com with appropriate and specific direction/Link Back to the original content. See Guidelines for Republishing.