Listening to Graham Cooke preach is so inspiring! Watch this short 5 minute video of him teaching about our standing in Christ. You’ll receive a totally new perspective about the difficult situation you may be facing, and you’ll learn more about your true identity—”In Christ”.
After hearing his message, I looked up some of the verses he spoke about. Apparently there are 160 Bible verses about our identity in Christ.
Knowing our true “identity” will help us to take our “stand in Christ” when faced with enemy attacks!
The following list is a short sample of these verses. It’s from the Soul Shepherding website. I’m working through them slowly, trying to read them in context. I pray that you’ll be encouraged to do the same. “Taste and see that the Lord is good!” (Psalm 34:8).
The Bible teaches that for those who are In Christ...
- There is no condemnation for us (Romans 8:1)
- We can never be separated from God’s love (Romans 8:39)
- We who are many form one body (Romans 12:5)
- We have wisdom from God (1 Corinthians 1:30)
- Our labor is not in vain (1 Corinthians 15:58)
- We are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- We become God’s children (Galatians 3:26)
- We have every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3)
- We have the forgiveness of sins (Ephesians 1:7)
- We were also chosen (Ephesians 1:11)
- We are for the praise of his glory (Ephesians 1:12)
- We have been seated in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 2:6)
- We’ve been given the incomparable riches of God’s grace (Ephesians 2:7)
- We who were once far away have been brought near (Ephesians 2:13)
- We are built together as a holy building (Ephesians 2:22)
- We may approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)
- We are light (Ephesians 5:8)
- Our joy overflows (Philippians 1:26)
- All our needs are met according to his glorious riches (Philippians 4:19)
- We are holy and faithful (Colossians 1:2)
- All things hold together (Colossians 1:17)
- We have our hope of glory (Colossians 1:27)
- We become fully mature (Colossians 1:28)
- Are hidden all treasures of wisdom and knowledge for us (Colossians 2:3)
- We are rooted and built up (Colossians 2:7)
- We have been given the fullness of the deity (Colossians 2:9-10)
- We come into reality (Colossians 2:17)
- Our life is now hidden (Colossians 3:3)
- We will rise from the dead (1 Thessalonians 4:16)
- We can give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- We have faith, hope, and love (1Timothy 1:1, 14)
- We can gain an excellent standing and great assurance (1 Timothy 3:13)
- We have the promise of life (2 Timothy 1:1)
Hope be with you!
All content © Leila Grandemange, unless otherwise noted.